- The Learning Curve is a stern master, a beast lurking just over my shoulder. Condescending yet well-mannered, she breathes heavily and chuckles in a raspy tone. I am her bitch.
- I hated geometry in high school and I hate it even more as an adult.
- If one does something well once, it is twice as pleasing to do it over again the right way.
- The health insurance industry in America is a joke. But not a funny one.
- In four shorts days, my life will be put on hold and I will disappear for nine days.
- Balance between duty and desire is a fantasy.
- Nine days. I don't even want to mention where I'm going or what I'm going to do when I get there because it sounds self-aggrandizing. The lovely bubble bursts when I reveal the truth: I just want to stay home.
- I spent the last three years learning to love my time being my own only to have reality laugh in my face as familial responsibility reminds me such freedom is but a grand illusion.
- I feel guilty whining. But does it stop me? Not here it doesn't, no ma'am. Not here.
April 18, 2006
Wherein She Whines Like an Elementary School Orchestra
Things of which I was recently reminded:
Labels: Me Myself and I