March 18, 2007

Vote for Ghetto

I'd like to invite y'all to vote in the Ugliest Laundry Room Evah contest. There are but two entries: one room belongs to Wendy & me, the other to eb & Maxine. It's simple: just follow the link and view the pictures of two different laundry rooms. Cast your vote for the most horrid.

Yes, one of those rooms is in our house. We've lived with it for over three years as it worked its way up the priorities list. Its moment has arrived. I've got nothing to do with that other room. That is eb's problem. If I lived closer, I'd help her.

I have little use for existing conditions shame during our renovations. I mean really, it is what it is. We bought a well-used home in need of TLC. We cannot fix it all at once. It's a delicate balance of time and money. The projects we have completed are satisfying, things just take longer than we'd like. We're not the first do-it-yourself'ers to experience this non-phenomenon.

Starting with a real mess can make even the least improvement seem that much more impressive. So go on, vote for the ugliest laundry room. There are adult beverages riding on the outcome of the vote and we are thirsty. And we look kinda scary.




PS: We're gonna win ourselves some Simple Green too, number one product for cleaning as chosen by weese aka the Lesbian Queen of Clean. I know we will put it to good use.

.

18 comments:

SassyFemme said...

Okay, I voted!

You guys need to post before/after shots of the other work you've done on your house!

Anonymous said...

My vote is in.
and, may I say,you two look HOT!

Syd said...

KL, beat me to it. Hotness factor is off the charts.

Rainwolf said...

Ok, I did my duty, but it was a tough choice.

SheA said...

I have voted, and now I must wash, I feel sooo dirty *smirk*

weese said...

wow...
simple green is NOT going to help.
i think we need power tools.

weese said...

also, i can tell which is which.
there is a clue...

Eyes for Lies said...

Okay.

I have to be dead honest here.

I looked.

I compared.

I calculated.

It's a tie.

Sorry!

Anonymous said...

Are we voting on the "Dirt" factor, or the "amount of work to be done" factor?

Middle Girl said...

It was tough, but voting is complete. Duty done.

Val said...

I agree with whoever said it was a tie. But I did vote for one that had the 'edge'! Blech tooey! Good luck to both of those projects and I also agree with Weese - - cleaning products are the LEAST of what you both need! Power tools, dynomite....

cbar said...

I voted... good luck!!! :)

cbar said...

I voted... good luck!!! :)

Teresa said...

I voted for the other laundry room before I saw that pic, in which it looks like Wen wants to kick some serious ass. Glad I'm on the opposite coast.

Unknown said...

Wow. It was very hard to pick which one was worse. Do you have to belong to "Ugliest Laundry Room in America" to be friends or what? ;) I meant that with all kidding...sort of! I voted for the Schmeggle one...is that you? LOL

Anonymous said...

Love the storm in the background. Portents of things to come?

Slangred said...

Gafunge has the added fun of what looks like an ice cream maker in the cabinets, which almost won my vote.
Then I saw the superpretty floor in Shmeggle, which almost won my vote.
I say beer and Simple Green all 'round!

sporksforall said...

Slag is right, the floor is the tiebreaker.

Simple Green (which is great for cleaning bikes, too) and fluncy curtains!