June 1, 2007

12-Hour Turn Around



That's one reason it's been so quiet around here.

Here being here, of course. It hasn't been quiet there, as in our home, at all. Wendy, The Boy and I have been reveling in the joy of each other's company while bonding in the wide open spaces of our suburban habitat. Nothing like a little blood, sweat and tears to forge fond familial memories. It's a bonus our landscape is being rehabilitated in the process.

Wendy just read this and called me a sap.
Good thing it's true because I don't have the energy to deny it.

.

10 comments:

SassyFemme said...

Oh.my.goodness! Just wow!

agoodlistener said...

"I've got blisters on my fingers!"

Me. Here. Right now. said...

Oh, oh....I've done that! I have the x-rays to prove it! You guys rock.

Gina said...

You certainly turned a mountain into a molehill, that's for sure.

weese said...

5 yards?
nicely done.

Middle Girl said...

Jeez, could I use a crew like youse guys. whew!

Unknown said...

Damn, you're dedicated!

Gunfighter said...

Sooo... what didja do with all of that?

You don't get credit if you just shifted the pile, my dears.

Suzanne said...

weese, it was 8 cubic yards. Eight!

GF, you can't be serious. What else was there to do but shift the pile? :) In this case we shifted it from the driveway and spread it out all over the front yard!

We seeded, strawed, and have been watering religiously. Last night I noticed germination. Oh the simple things in life. :)

nina michelle said...

I dropped in to get the dirt on what you've been up to... didn't realize it was really "dirt".

Good job hon!