July 1, 2004

Weird NJ

Sometimes I'm hesitant to admit it, but I've got relatives in New Jersey. Relatives by marriage (not my own marriage, although for several years way back in the stone age I was married, these relatives are unrelated to those relatives who weren't from New Jersey at all). My NJ relatives are from my Mom's marriage.

A strange bunch, those New Jerseyites. But nice enough folks. They talk funny. Almost as funny as when Wendy gets around her parents and her Texas accent resurfaces (actually I find that accent of hers more sexy than funny!). Accents can be like that. I remember when we used to visit my grandparents in Alabama and my Mom's southern accent would come back. Or the fellow from Boston I work with whose accent pops out every so often. Quite amusing.

I've never considered New Jersey itself weird (my relatives are a different story!). Then I spent some time perusing this site, Weird NJ. I actually found the stories there more interesting than weird. I am fascinated by such things. History is cool. My mind wonders about the whys and hows and whos and whens and whats of what may have occurred within or around those strange types of places. So this site proved quite interesting to me. Perhaps it will be to you too.

No comments: