August 9, 2004

Things I Learned This Weekend

  1. 1/8 of an inch can make a difference when setting tile. A big difference. One little 1/8 of an inch can necessitate re-doing something more than once.
  2. Just because a person is a bookkeeper does not necessarily mean they are good at math. (Oh wait. I already knew that.)
  3. I wish I'd paid more attention in geometry class.
  4. Our friend Marcy is someone not to be trusted for movie recommendations. Thanks a lot Marcy. Now give us our 2 wasted hours back!
  5. We have a herd of mosquitos living in our backyard. A fierce ferocious unrelenting herd. And they are hungry.
  6. Sitting sideways and cross-legged in a tub for hours and hours causes my body to ache unpleasantly in all sorts of ways.
  7. After years of cooking them wrong, I actually can now cook delicious fresh green beans.
  8. She gives me fever. Fever in the morning. Fever all through the night. (Oh wait. I already knew that too!)
  9. Pizza Hut's pizza with the built-in breadsticks on the crust is not as good as it appears in the commercials. It's not horrible, it's just not as good as thin crust. But their cinnamon sticks still rock.
  10. Rosie the Riveter made a good point.

2 comments:

Pisces75 said...

What was the bad movie? So I can avoid it...

Suzanne said...

Mulholland Drive. We are certain Marcy recommended it because it has lesbian characters. And every movie with lesbian characters must be of interest to actual lesbians? Maybe. If it has a good storyline and other important criteria that make up a good movie. But that movie is a dog. A big hairy flea-ridden smelly mean-assed dog. In other words, something to avoid. :)