April 2, 2008

Time Passages

I've only attended one RenFaire and it was when The Boy was this size:


Recognize him? Of course you do. Yes, it's been awhile. Wendy and I are going to another one this weekend. In North Carolina. With people we've not yet met but already know. Sans youngsters, it's bound to be a different experience on a number of levels. I shall swill beer and call it mead. I shall resist the temptation of cheesecake-on-a-stick. There will be jousting. And cleavage. Huzzah? Huzzah!

Carolina is gorgeous this time of year. I sort-of-but-not- really-because-time-passes-for-a-reason miss our periodic travels there while The Boy was in college. This trip is something else altogether.

But some things shouldn't change.
Here's to North Carolina barbeque.
And getting while the getting's good.

.

13 comments:

Middle Girl said...

Sounds like you got the perfect recipe for an enjoyable trip.

Cheers!

Lee said...

BBQ? when did that enter the picture?

SassyFemme said...

Fran and I have never been to a Ren. Fair, but always wanted to. Hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy the visit.

Anonymous said...

You will be verily in my backyard.

And to Lee's question: When did BBQ ever leave the picture? It's North Cackalacky, after all. :-)

Lee said...

exactly Jennifer, it's NC....there's no real BBQ there ;)

Martin said...

Have fun! We'll take care of your dawgs!! And your house! And your mower! And your FIRE PIT! And, and, YEAH.

Have fun.

nina michelle said...

Have a wonderful time! Love the photo!

Anonymous said...

Lee: Ha! You must be in Virginia. Where I lived for many years. Smoky Pig and Pearce's are the only BBQ joints for me. But NC tries, really hard, and you gotta give 'em their A for effot.

;-)

I ate some brisket just today, as a matter of fact. Was outstanding, actually.

Suzanne said...

It's worse than than, Jennifer: Lee doesn't eat meat!

Lee said...

whether I eat meat or not has nothing to do with my pride for my state's (SC!) BBQ...when it comes to pig, we don't play

tiff said...

And so on your way down (or back) you plan on stopping in Wake Forest? We have beer.

agoodlistener said...

Forsooth! I just watched the two "Elizabeth" movies with Cate Blanchett and now have no desire to return to those days of yesteryear. You go ahead though--I'm sure they won't be clapping you in irons or anything...right?

Anonymous said...

My brother used to be the resident Glassblower at the Penn ren faire so I would go ea year to visit & watch his fabulous shows. Other than that I HATE THEM & that stupid (whiteass) flute music & all the rest of it. But you have a good time.
I know I'm probably the only person to admit to hating ren fairs.