January 10, 2005

Laundry Queen

Some people suspect I am spoiled. Spoiled rotten, even. Once the truth gets out about our laundry, no doubt will remain.

Last night as we slipped into bed, our freshly laundered sweet-smelling sheets wrapped us in soft sensuous comfort, inviting us to drift off into dreamland feeling cosseted and cozy.

This morning while getting dressed for work, I opened my underwear drawer and picked the top pair from the neatly folded stack of freshly washed panties. The next drawer down yielded soft clean socks matched into pairs and sorted by color. The closet provided slacks and a sweater, fresh and wrinkle free, easy to find because my closet is neatly arranged by clothing type.

And what did I personally contribute to achieve this cleanliness and organization? Not one damned thing. It is true. I am spoiled. Rotten.

Wendy is my hero. Her dedication to taming laundry is but one of the many reasons why.

2 comments:

Udge said...

Lucky you, I am very envious.

Melodee said...

That's it. Our friendship is over. I'm too jealous to carry on.