June 17, 2004

Siddhartha

Okay this is just a bit unnerving. I was perusing a blog belonging to The Most Ancient Suzanne on Earth (as opposed to me, the Less Ancient Suzanne). She had a link to this little quiz. So being bored at work (a somewhat constant state), I clicked and took the quiz and up popped my results:



You're Siddhartha!

by Hermann Hesse

You simply don't know what to believe, but you're willing to try anything once. Western values, Eastern values, hedonism and minimalism, you've spent some time in every camp. But you still don't have any idea what camp you belong in. This makes you an individualist of the highest order, but also really lonely. It's time to chill out under a tree. And realize that at least you believe in ferries.

Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.


So why is this freaky? Well I'll tell ya why. To the right you'll see a link referencing my sister the Buddhist nun. She really is a Buddhist nun. And she really is my sister. She once gave my son a book about Siddhartha and from my memory, Siddhartha is actually a buddha. I would NEVER deign to compare myself to a buddha! It's just wrong. But maybe it's okay to be compared to a book about a buddha. I'll have to ask Sherab about it. But for now, I still find it unnerving.

If I were to be a book, I'd hope to be a hardcover edition. One with a good heft and quality paper. I'd like to be in a well-kept library, dusted often and taken off the shelf occasionally to have my pages caressed lovingly while my contents were absorbed and appreciated.

1 comment:

sunflower said...

Siddhartha Gautama, indeed, was the young prince who became the Buddha of our age. Yep, that's /very/ freaky. I still can't see myself as Catcher in the Rye though >: -- Ancient S.