February 5, 2005

I'm Only Doing This for Dara

If it were anyone else, I might blow it off. Or I might not. But for Dara, I'll definitely do it.

You are probably unaware that I once owned a used pair of Dara's shoes. It was a very long time ago indeed. I don't specifically remember how I ended up with them, but I did. I wore them until they were worn out. Dark brown suede flats. Quite comfortable, they were.

Along with tagging me with this meme, she provided a wonderful definition of the word. I had always thought of it as "Me! Me!" as in "it's all about Me! Me!" Evidently I was wrong. But not really. So here we go.
  1. Total amount of music files on your computer?
  2. Very few. My computer and music just don't get together that often. (By the by, this question is worded in a peculiar way. Is it asking for the number of music files or the volume of space the files take up?)

  3. The last CD you bought was:
  4. Do music DVDs count? I say yes. I bought Melissa Etheridge--Live and Alone for Wendy.

  5. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?
  6. Sarah McLachlan "Fallen"

  7. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you:

    • "Leather" from Tori Amos' Little Earthquakes album. (That whole album is among my top 10 favorites.)
      "I could just pretend that you love me, the night would lose all sense of fear. But why do I need you to love me when you can't hold what I hold dear?"
    • "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd.
      "How I wish, how I wish you were here. We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl year after year. Running over the same old ground and have we found the same old fears? Wish you were here."
    • "Dancing in the Dark" by Bruce Springsteen
      "You sit around getting older, there's a joke here somewhere and it's on me. I'll shake this world off my shoulder, come on baby the laugh's on me."
    • "Surrender" by Cheap Trick
      "Momma's all right, Daddy's all right. They just seem a little weird. Surrender, surrender. But don't give yourself away."
    • "Yield" from the Indigo Girls' Become You album.
      "When you're three days down the highway and you're looking like I feel and it takes a lot to keep it going, it takes a lot to keep it real, take some time for yourself and learn to yield."
      If I were to compile this list tomorrow, it most likely would be radically different. That's the beauty of music, isn't it? Something for any moment imaginable. (Tina, are you in the moment? ha!)

  8. What 3 people are you going to pass this baton to and why?
  9. Probably none. Because I'm shy and hate to impose. But hey, grab it and run if you feel so moved. It was actually rather fun.



2 comments:

Udge said...

Sarah McLachlan: SNAP! Santa brought me her "Afterglow" album for Christmas, very nice.

MsT said...

Hmmmm. Must be time to send Suzi another pair of shoes. Hey - did you know that 3 of my top 5 songs were on EW's top 50 love songs? Who'da thunk it? In Your Eyes. Your Song. And another. Hmmm.