November 7, 2007

One Fine Morning

I woke up cranky. I don't much like being cranky. It's far too much work.

My face assumed a thoughtful yet cranky expression. My brain mulled a mix of Get Happy Behaviors.

The question was posed: "Self, what's the best way to relieve this crankiness?"

My Brain: Let's don our favorite pajamas and get back in bed.
The Rest of Me: Not an option today. Try again.

MB: How about we don our favorite pajamas and get back in bed?
TRoM: Can we please move on!?

MB: More coffee.
TRoM: That's better. A good start.

MB (with a flash of clarity): I've got it! Dress fabulous!
TRoM: Brilliant!

And so the crankiness was banished.

Sometimes it's just that simple.
Caffeine and the right outfit.

.

10 comments:

Middle Girl said...

yep. yep.

SassyFemme said...

Works for me!

WenWhit said...

Know what also helps? When you arrive at work to a dish labeled, "Homemade marinara with lamb - hope you enjoy!". Breakfast of champions. ;)

Anonymous said...

Have you no photographic evidence of your ensuing fabulousness? Don't even try to get away with claiming you didn't have a camera handy; I've seen the multimedia contents of your purse.

eb said...

Is paisley fabulous?

weese said...

you crack me up.

whose socks did you wear?

Kendra said...

I almost never opt for fabulous when I am cranky... just cozy. Jeans and a baby blue sweater that my dad had in college can snap the fussiness right out of me. :)

WenWhit said...

Must I really confirm here that my sock drawer seems a bit depleted relative to my own usage?

Anonymous said...

And if that doesn't work, may I suggest a flask in your desk at work!?

Unknown said...

My "right outfit" would've been pajamas and the conversation between self and body would've continued, probably endlessly. LOL.