January 19, 2005

Alrighty Then

I'm sure I've mentioned this.

I'm a bookkeeper. I keep track of other people's money. Of course. That's what bookkeepers do.

Bookkeepers don't really have anything to do with books. Not real books. Not like books housed in a library or overflowing the bookshelves in our living room. No, not those books. Bookkeepers keep track of columns and rows and volumes of numbers and other related fascinating financial facts. Intriguing, I know. Try to contain your enthusiasm.

(As an aside, I take special pleasure that the word "bookkeeper" has so many double letters. It is pleasing to me in ways I cannot explain.)

January for bookkeepers is full of paper. Paper and forms. Forms such as W-2s and other scintillating, enchanting and spellbinding report filings required by our government officials. Volumes. Volumes of forms. Bless their hearts.

Right about now.
Right about now I'm tired of them.
Tired of those papers.
Tired of those papers and forms.

Yet this, too, shall pass.
Moving right along?


4 comments:

Eyes for Lies said...

Ahhhh...so that is what you do.

Udge said...

Fascinating! You have reached a new level of blogacity: Your posts have lately been of a Zen-like clarity and mindexpandingness. Well done.

And no, I'm not being mean or facetious. I loved this week's posts.

Suzanne said...

Thanks Udge. I'm glad you've enjoyed. :)

Princess Wild Cow said...

I, too, am a bookkeeper...let's get together in April for some BEER!