November 22, 2005

Flounder Fest

The definitions of "flounder" from my friend and yours, dictionary.com:
floun·der2 (floun' dur)
n. pl. flounder or floun·ders
Any of various marine flatfishes of the families Bothidae and Pleuronectidae, which include important food fishes.

No, no. That's not the definition I'm looking for. Not that one. It's nowhere near what I've been feeling. How about this?
floun·der1 (floun' dur)
intr.v. floun·dered, floun·der·ing, floun·ders
  1. To make clumsy attempts to move or regain one's balance.
  2. To move or act clumsily and in confusion.
n. The act of floundering.

That's more like it. I've been doing that kind of floundering. Or maybe I've been procrastinating. Or goofing off? No, no. Not goofing off. I've kept busy, yet I'm easily distracted. The end result, no matter what I call it, is the same: spinning wheels, constant changing of my mind, floundering. Has adult ADHD set in? Such distractability has inevitably played havoc with my NaNoWriMo word count.

The Boy arrives home this evening for the first time since April. I don't know if he is as excited as we are, but it's possible.

The Boy is coming home!

Oh my.
I find that worthy of repetition.

The Boy is coming home!

My goal for this Thanksgiving weekend is to not multi-task, to live in the moment. To just relax, feel thankful and enjoy our family traditions. To non-flounder. Thanksgiving and fish don't have much in common anyway. Not in our little world.

Oh my.
The Boy is home!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
See you next week!

.

8 comments:

Asher Abrams said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy.

Melodee said...

Enjoy!

Gina said...

How exciting! I'd be distracted and floundering, too!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Roberto Iza Valdés said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Career Guy said...

Have a great holiday with The Boy! Our boy just flew in a while ago, and he's already gone off to visit his friends till all hours of the night. Sigh. Typical.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving...may your family be as happy as mine...

Anonymous said...

I hope the holiday was everything you wished it to be and then some. And that you're resting comfortably today. :-)

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a good Thanksgiving!