October 12, 2004

A Good Morning

I woke up slowly this morning. My body felt warm and rested, the sheets soft and silky, the blankets heavy. One dog was snuggled against my leg, the other's head was by my hand. They were both still fast asleep. I heard the low drone of the radio.

Wendy's goodbye kiss stirred my reverie. As she left the room, the scent of coffee wafted. I rolled over just enough to retrieve the steaming cup from my bedside table. My hand curled around the mug, my palm wrapped firmly against the warm ceramic surface. The heat seeped into my hand, the warm comfort easing an ache I had not known existed. I sighed.

I sipped the coffee then relaxed my head to the pillow again. Figero began his plaintive call for breakfast from the kitchen. Another sip of coffee. I cracked open an eye and observed the rays of sunshine streaming through the trees outside. And the sky, bluer than blue.

I love Tuesdays. Especially this one.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

A morning like that is very wonderful. Sounds alot like me and my dogs, and i hate to know that i have to go to work, and they can sleep all day!

Eyes for Lies said...

Sounds heavenly... You make mornings sound like a joy. I have always hated them.

If you love soft sheets, have I a product for you! It's called Modal. 100% beech modal sheets. Linens and Things sells them. They are softer and more durable than silk! They are to DIE FOR. Check them out -- they are not that outrageous either. I'm a modal addict now...

Suzanne said...

I've just updated my Christmas wish list with Modal sheets. And they make jammies out of it too? Hmmmm. I need to get out shopping more often. :)

Thanks for the hints, y'all.