October 11, 2004

Quitting is Hard. Still.

According to the handy dandy quitting statistics meter Wendy installed on her PC, we have not smoked for 1 month 3 weeks and 2 days. We have each saved $162.18 and not smoked 1,081 cigarettes. We have also added 3 days 18 hours and five minutes to our lifespans.

But hell. I really really really want to smoke a cigarette. At this moment in time that is. Sometimes I don't miss them at all. But other times. Oh these other times.

Think I'll go scrub the kitchen sink or something. That's how desperate I am for distraction. Still. Even after 1 month 3 weeks and 2 days.

Smoking is evil.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, it's Liz here, from over at I Speak of Dreams.

BIIIGGG congratulations on quitting smoking. Be proud! It is a big hard step!

You know what really helped me? Chewing on crystallized ginger. It kind of gave me a burning mouth.

And jumping jacks.

Sam said...

Congrats on kicking the habit! Keep up the good work - cause dying of lung cancer is NOT a pretty way to go.

Anonymous said...

hi,
congratulations for quitting! if you need any additional support, see if you can get a hold of this book: Allen Carr, Why Women Smoke. it´s absolutely brilliant! i know so many people who stopped smoking with this book.