October 11, 2004

Yawn

I've noticed something about Cosine. Today it really struck me. Having the youthful Bonnie visiting provides a stark contrast.

Bonnie and Dudley race out the back door into the yard. The squirrels scamper quickly up the nearest tree. I'm not sure why those squirrels are in such a hurry. The dogs, while quick, are not as quick as that! The two of them look quite adorable, similar in color and markings. Bonnie is twice as tall as Dud though. But they seem on a common wavelength outside, as if they've been roaming the yard together for years.

The funny part is when Bonnie is at home on her side of the fence, Dudley does nothing but bark fiercely at her like she's the enemy. He does the same thing to Bonnie's daddy. It's interesting how that works.

Cosi doesn't join them. She totters out the door, ambles around a bit, does her business and comes right back on in. Then she asks for a lift up onto the bed and goes to sleep.

What I noticed today was how much of the day she spends asleep in comparison to the others. She is such a sweet old girl. Slowing down, she is. Are we ready for that? Don't think it much matters whether we are ready or not, does it?

1 comment:

Eyes for Lies said...

No, we don't have a choice do we. My two are getting up there in age and when I think of it, I get all twisted up. I don't accept the passing of life easily. I fight it!

Hey listen, there is a political discussion going on at http://womensrightsandlefts.blogspot.com/ I have been asked to join but I am the only liberal there. I would love it if you'd come and share your thoughts. I really respect your opinions, thoughts and ideas -- and I think you'd add some great things plus I could use some people who see things from my perspective. Hope to see you there!!