November 22, 2004

Day Off Without Pay

Wendy and I spent yesterday afternoon out with our friends. Drinking beer and gorging on healthy foods such as hot wings and onion rings. These are our fantasy football playing friends. The league in which I am the big loser. Except for the past two weeks. And maybe I'll pull out another win this week. It's going to be close.

The restaurant had about 35 televisions, all tuned in to the assortment of NFL games playing that afternoon. It was more than a little frenetic. And noisy. And fun.

I never thought I'd say this. I was grateful for Montgomery County's new regulation banning smoking in all restaurants and bars. Our smoking friends had to go stand outside to smoke.

Wendy and I didn't. Have to go stand outside that is. Because we are non-smokers. :)

2 comments:

Eyes for Lies said...

Many congrats on successfully quiting!

Suzanne said...

Thanks Fred. :)

I feel so superior to those still hooked on nicotine. But Wendy kicks me when I start to act all pompous about it. I'm thankful she's here to keep me humble or I'd be one of those obnoxious ex-smoker types. :)