- Two slices of fresh oatmeal bread carefully arranged so that the edges will match when sandwiched.
- A thick layer of mayonnaise spread evenly across both slices.
- Bright leaves of crispy iceberg lettuce.
- Vine-ripened tomatoes purchased at a roadside stand in rural Virginia, sliced semi-thick with a very sharp knife.
- Salt and pepper generously sprinkled on said tomato slices.
- Six pieces of pepper bacon cooked just right, not too limp, not too crispy.
Put it together and what do you get?
A sammich to die for.
I should have taken a picture.
It was a work of art.