September 29, 2004

Dusting 'Em Off

Wendy has been digging deep into the older part of our CD collection. Way back, before she and I were even aware the other existed, we both had a thing for country music. So digging deep into our collection means she is revisiting those days of country music adoration.

Which is why she asked me to whom the Lorrie Morgan's Greatest Hits CD belonged. Was it mine or was it hers? Because we share such similar tastes, at times it is impossible to remember who brought what into the relationship. Not that it matters. Hers-mine-ours thing and all. Anyway, I remembered the Lorrie Morgan as having been mine and said so. She look surprised, shrugged and then popped it in the CD player.

She looked even more surprised when I asked if this was the CD with some song about red on it. "You like that song?" she asked suspiciously. "Why yes," I said, "I like it a lot!" Again I get the surprised look because usually the ballads "belong" to her while the up-tempo song "belong" to me. It doesn't vary much by artist either. We can listen to the same CD and invariably she'll get attached to the slow sweet songs and I'll prefer the more upbeat.

So we listened to that Lorrie Morgan CD together and agreed that she had been hot hot hot back in the day. It was fun enjoying those old songs again.

From there comes my suggestion to you. Dig back through those old CDs collecting dust on your shelves. I highly recommend an auditory trip down memory lane.

No comments: