September 15, 2004

Marauders' Week 1: 0-1

The first week of fantasy football competition already has me contemplating changing the name of my team. I am baffled by their lackluster performance. I'm in last place, a full 21 points behind the next-to-the-worst team and 97 points behind the league leader. Oh the ignominy.

The wide receiver I was truly excited about having on my team BROKE HIS LEG during Monday night's game. I feel empathy for him and realize he didn't do it on purpose, yet I'm VERY unhappy with his fragile bones. And to the Packer who tacked him from behind: screw you!

Okay then. I really should be perusing the free agents looking for a replacement. It's not over 'til it's over.

2 comments:

Melodee said...

Yeah, but using ignominy in a sentence is worth at least 50 points, so all is not lost! ;)

Suzanne said...

Why Mel, thank you for that perspective! Perhaps I should give up on fantasy sports and focus on word games? :)