September 25, 2005

Slightly Beyond the Nose on My Face

I didn't even notice it until Tina pointed it out to me a few weeks back. But in defense of my powers of observation, she does drive by the corner more often than I do, despite our own home being at the intersection.

A new street sign installed across from our house had the name of our street misspelled. Specifically, an "E" was placed where a "Y" belongs. Granted it's an odd word, not used daily or monthly or even annually by most people. But to have the county misspell it on our street sign? Well, that's just wrong. And what was the matter with the old green one anyway?

This morning I was sitting at the computer idly gazing out of our office window. The view is primarily trees filled with leaves. In another month or so I'll be able to see the house across the street. Through a small gap in the trees, a bit of blue on the street sign peeked through.

And that's when I saw it. I had to sit forward, squint and tilt my head a bit to confirm: a "Y" is now in the correct place, no sign of the wayward "E" to be found.

My head briefly spun with questions: who what when how, but not where or why. But then my mind settled on the most important question: Has Tina noticed yet?

How pathetic is my life to feel a tiny bit vindicated if I've noticed before she has? Matters not. I'll take it where I can get it.

.

2 comments:

SassyFemme said...

A misspelled street sign? That is BAD!

Shirley said...

Sign makers are the worst for spelling. The fewer words they have to spell, the more likely it is they will get it wrong.

Now you will have to become an avid sign reader to see I am right, and you will curse me because you cannot stop examining signs. Welcome to my world. lol.