August 5, 2004

“I Think We Agree, The Past Is Over.”

Last Christmas our friend Tom gave us a couple of books. Fluffy fun stuff mainly. One of them is entitled “Presidential (Mis)Speak: The Very Curious Language of George W. Bush, Volume 1”. My first thought was “Volume 1? Volume 1? How many volumes are there?!” I’m still not sure.

The title of this post is from Volume 1, a Bush quote from the May 10, 2000 edition of the The Dallas Morning News.

Today he spit out another prize.
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we," Bush said. "They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
His faithful lap dog McClellan followed with this:
“…the American people know this president speaks with clarity and conviction…”
Uh. Doh. That’s exactly what I’m afraid of.

Please let the past be over. Pretty please? With sugar on top?

1 comment:

Pisces75 said...

Did you ever see Will Ferrell do his impersonation of W? Pure comic genius! My favorite word he used to use in his parody: Strategery!
I mean W is a comic's dream. So much material...so little time.