October 6, 2004

Pet Catalog

Wendy brought home a Doctors Foster & Smith pet supply catalog a friend from work had given her.

I am amazed by the different types and styles of pet beds they offer. "Doctor's Choice!" products get a star by the entry. There are special instructions on "how to measure for dog beds." They offer a ComfortSpring Bed, basically a small mattress for your dog. And wow! The selection of colors and patterns for the covers!

I must say, with as much difficulty as Wendy and I are having trying to agree on curtains for the living room, we'd probably have even more so deciding on the best doggie bed style and cover for our pets.

However it was the pages on cat accessories that really boggled my mind. OMG. Four pages of litter boxes and litter box accessories, each with their own unique features.

And then there are the Soft Claws Nail Caps:

Apply directly to nails; will not interfere with normal claw extraction and retraction. Lasts about 4 to 6 weeks. Kit contains 40 nail caps, six applicators tips, two tubes of adhesive, and complete instructions. Please click on "More Information" for sizing.
Sizing? Caps? Applicator tips? Adhesive? And a cat is supposed to willingly sit still while one glues and slips those little plastic sleeves over it's claws? Uh. No cat I know. Maybe the kit comes with a tranquilizer also. Yet every time Figero jumps into my lap and my legs get scratched by his pointy sharp little claws of death, I now think of those. And wish he had them.

Anyway, cool catalog. If you adore pets. And we do. So it is.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

My second job is at a pet store and we sell all of what you have spoken of. Its a great thing what we have now for our extended family members... I am not into the frou frou stuff that comes out, like Barbie wear for dogs and cats. They have Barbie compacts (with mirrors), and pink featherd outfits, pink featherd tents. But its sells or they wouldnt put it out!

Pisces75 said...

I LOVE Dr. Foster and Smith's catalog. They also have a fabulous website you can order from.
I get that catalog sent to me every month and I enjoy all the options they have. Not that I buy anything more than vitamins for Nellie, but still cool to see all they have to offer.

Eyes for Lies said...

Dang. The link you posted is down. I would love to see it. We are looking for a new bed for my little guy. His back can't stand the jump onto the loveseat that well anymore so we want to get him a cool new bed! We just haven't found the right one yet... I'll check back!

Thanks for the encouragement regarding the BfB. I rewrote it all and I feel a little better.