And just in case anyone else is in need of a recipe, I shall graciously share this one:
1 box frozen spinach
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 8-ounce package of cream cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
1 15-ounce can artichoke hearts (not marinated)
- Put the cream cheese on the counter to get soft while you do the prep.
- Cook the spinach then squeeze it out, small handful by small handful until it is fairly dry.
- Open and drain the artichoke hearts. Chop them into small pieces. Squeeze them by small handfuls to get some of the moisture out.
- Holding back a little of the parmesan, mix all ingredients in a largish-bowl. Make sure the cream cheese is mashed well in with the other ingredients.
- Spread into a shallow dish (like a 6x8 casserole or a bowl works too but then it must be baked longer). Sprinkle the top with the held back parmesan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes (or more if it's deeper dish). It's ready when it's kinda toasty on top and around the edges. It'll smell delish too.
- Serve with whatever cracker or chip strikes your fancy. We like to use garlic Ritz crackers.
- Memorize the recipe so you'll be ready when your son is away for the summer and needs it for a party. Be glad he's not bringing the beer.