June 18, 2004

Sticker Shock Redux

One summer I was on a road trip to Maine to retrieve The Boy. He had been vacationing with his aunt and cousin as he had several times during several summers of his youth. His dad's family has owned property up there in the boondocks for generations and it is pretty much their family tradition to summer on Flying Pond (the name is deceptive, it could well be called Flying Lake but perceptions are different up there). I'm big on family tradition and Maine is a glorious place to while away the summer for a body of any age.

So I'm cruising along a highway in New Jersey (the Garden State Parkway if memory serves). I was driving my old gray Toyota station wagon proudly displaying my rainbow sticker. Both Cosine and Detail were with me (summer on the lake in Maine is also great for dogs). It was a glorious day in New Jersey and I had the window open with my elbow hanging out speeding down the highway singing along with the cassette tape, thinking about nothing except the joy of being alive in the space I currently occupied.

Suddenly my reverie was broken as a car came speeding up out of nowhere, passing on the left and honking madly. I looked up and the driver, a young lady, was wildly waving at me and displaying the thumbs-up sign as she careened by. I smiled at her. I wondered why she was honking and waving and such but then took note of the rainbow sticker on her own bumper.

Now I'm not one to honk and wave when I see another car with a rainbow sticker. I will glance over and if eye contact is made, I'll smile and maybe nod my head. But I did enjoy being honked at that day in New Jersey. Kindred spirits on the open freeway, passing in the night so to speak, but sharing a bond nonetheless. It made the day even brighter.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
cash for car brisbane
car buyer Melbourne

Delight Car Removal said...

Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
car removal brisbane
cash for cars caboolture

Max Cash For Cars said...

Thanks for sharing. We pay our customers instant cash up to $9,999 without any waiting time. It is our policy to not let customers wait for their money. We also provide free towing services, so customers save even more money when dealing with us. This strategy has been a great success with our customers in Queensland. Through this, we gained a lot of goodwill from our customers.
cash for cars brisbane
cash for cars caboolture

Ezy Cash for Cars said...

Are you worried about too many junk cars occupying the space in the garage? Well, we offer a free car removal service for our valuable customers. Just call us we are acceptable anywhere to tow your cars our truck drivers are ready for the convenience of our customers.
Cash for Cars Caboolture
Cash for Cars South Brisbane
Cash for Cars North Brisbane
Cash for Cars Coppers Plains
Cash for Cars Kingaroy
Cash for Cars Gympie
Cash for Unregistered Cars Penrith
Cash for Cars Campbelltown

Sell8 - Car Buyers Brisbane said...

Nice Article and love to read it. I'm using the same blog platform as yours. Sell8 is the best cash for cars brisbane service in Queensland area. If you have a wrecked car then you should get rid of it. Everyone loves extra cash by getting cash for cars sunshine coast. We all need money to survive this bad situation. We are here to help you in this manner.

Amelia Leo said...

I really like the way you think that’s amazing straight to the point clear and simple understanding than you. Are you in worry how to sell used car during covid-19 at this site you can find out a amazing information about selling car here is solution of your every problem about any vehicle car wreckers brisbane