June 27, 2004

Dream Oddness

We were out with our Maryland friends last night, celebrating birthdays from the month of June. One fellow turned 34 and the other 36. But that's not what I sat down to write about.

We arrived home rather late, like around 1:00am, then sat and messed around on our computers while winding down. It was around 2:00 when we finally headed for bed. I woke up this morning around 7:00 because Cosine was click-clicking around asking for something. So I blearily let them all out and back in, filled their food dishes and cocooned myself once again in the still warm sheets where my snuggly girlfriend still dozed.

And that's when I had this really weird dream. I was somewhere, still on earth but a part of earth I did not recognize. There were quite a few people with me, none that I knew except for my friend Tina. We preparing for a huge halloweenish type parade or something. Well we weren't in the parade, but we were part of the parade route. There was a long series of buildings that had lots of twists and turns and odd hallways with unusually shaped rooms.

We were working feverishly to put up decorations and other such party-like preparations all throughout the maze-like structure. Tina kept disappearing. As the time neared for the parade to approach, she came back with a bunch of new decorations and such which required all the work that had already been done to be re-done. And it had to be done her way. I remember feeling frustrated and a bit perturbed. She was quite excited and happy, either clueless to how I felt or choosing to ignore it. I'm not sure which.

Anyway, the parade came through and people were swarming all around enjoying the festivities. That's when I woke up.

No wonder I'm still tired. It's not that we stayed up way too late, rather that I spent several hours of what could have been restful sleep running around putting up party decorations one way and then re-doing them another way. It would exhaust me even further to attempt to analyze this dream, so I don't think I'll bother. I rarely do. Bother with dreams that is.

No comments: